Sunday, March 24, 2019

How Do You Feel?*

Sister Blandina was asked once in her elderly years, "Sister, how do you feel today?"  Blandina answered, "Just as God wills."  Wow.  I always pray that my God make me feel better or different than whatever I am feeling, at the moment, that I don't like.  I think I could avoid whining, complaining, and resentment, if I had more of the attitude of this woman.  Just because God is not doing what I want, does not mean that God is not involved in my life.  It is just that God and I do not always agree on the daily agenda.  Guess who needs to change?  Adversity can help me to know myself if I concentrate on my side of the street.  What was my part in the the adverse situation in which I find myself?  Often I find that I had quite a bit to do with whatever the adversity is.  When I then try to work on me, rather than focus on God changing the situation while I do nothing to change me, I can grow into a bette person.  So, “How do you feel today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment