Friday, March 8, 2019

Worry*

I read this wonderful metaphor.  Worry is like a rocking chair.  It keeps you busy, but does not get you anywhere.  I find that worry does not lead to solutions that make much sense.  There are people who drink alone at home and sit there in a drunken stupor, worrying about running out of alcohol.  This is not not your issue?  OK, lets move on to traffic.  You sit in your car or on public transportation with lots of stop and not so much go traffic, and you worry about not getting someplace on time.  Will worrying make the traffic go away?  You are cramming for a test and worry that you will fail.  Will worry make you learn more or faster or give you more time before the test?  You worry that your child will grow up to live in your basement playing on video games.  Will worrying make them successful enough to move out and get a life?  Rather than sit in my "worrying rocking chair" I ask myself what realistic, productive action I can take now.  Sometimes mediation is the best thing I can do.  It beats worrying.  Or I play Elton John music and have happy feet.  😊😊

No comments:

Post a Comment