Monday, March 18, 2019

Enough*

Lately, I am thinking of “sin” as an attitude that there is never enough.  Enough of what? Never enough of what I don’t need in the first place.  It is an attitude that is followed by an action.  If I were to have one drink, I would say, “It is not enough,” and I would want lots more, none of which I need. If I open a bag or box of some treat, I might say, “I will just have one,” but after eating the one, I want lots more that I don’t need.  Do you hoard things or have too much of something that you don’t really need?  Whenever I feel that I am not satisfied with what I have, I tend to go into the direction of “more,” which is a slippery slope.  Sin is when it all ends in too much of what I said I needed.  My needs are quite simple and small.  My wants are quite a lot.  Spiritual principles keep me from the slippery slope.  Wisdom figures call this “more” stuff, the leaven.  It starts small but then expands rapidly.  A good blog for Spring Cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment