Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Dead And Gone

Did you know that a cemetery and a graveyard are not the same?  A graveyard is attached to a church, synagogue, or other such building whereas a cemetery is separate unto itself.  So if you bury someone in your backyard it is a graveyard because the yard is part of your house property.  Queens, NY is a big cemetery.  There are more dead people in queens than living.  I think of wanting to bury my faults and defects of character so that they will be completely gone away from me, buried in their cemetery.  But the reality is that they are still attached to me, and at best, I am their graveyard.  They might be dead but not gone, and if I don’t work at it, they will rise up and mess up my life.  Like zombies!  I have zombie faults.  I don’t want to be visited or haunted by them, so I have to keep them buried with a good spiritual practice on a daily basis.  You have zombie faults?

No comments:

Post a Comment