Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Hide And Seek

I played hide and seek with my grandniece and nephew in Miami.  I "found" them before I could see them.  I heard of sensed their presence. This reminded me of God and mediation.   Sometimes God likes to hide and be sought.  But God wants to be found just as the children wanted me to find them.  God is just obvious enough to be sensed by someone who seeks to find.  I think of mediation as the seeking time and effort.  We sense the presence even though we do not have direct sight of God.  God is always a little bit hidden so that we will make some effort if we want to find the Divine Presence. God is moving about in my life though not so obvious as to take no effort on my part.  God moves about in the silence and stillness of my prayer.  God is hidden but active.  If my niece hid so completely that I could not find her, then I would have given up and the game would be a dud.  God is not a dud.  But when I make no effort to search, I become a dud.

No comments:

Post a Comment