Sunday, May 12, 2019

The Past*

The past bad behavior can lock me in, be a prison for me, repeating itself over and over as habits tend to do, no matter how much I promise I “won’t do it again.”  Or the past can be a key that unlocks a brighter future of better behavior.  A lock or a key: it all depends on whether or not we are on a spiritual path.  This is not dogma or religious affiliation, but rather an energy to which we connect that propels us into a new way of living on a daily basis.  Meditation is key for me: it is often my connector practice that links me to the power I need daily to change for the better.  I see the past as a great teacher of what not to do and why I acted that way.  On the spiritual practice of meditation I seem to find tools and direction for better behavior.  I have a better attitude.  Like what?  Acceptance replaces resentment.  Service, being useful to others, replaces whining and self-pity.  And fear no longer manages my life.  I hold the key today.

No comments:

Post a Comment