Friday, May 31, 2019

Zombies

I have zombie faults.  They never stay dead and buried.  They keep coming back.  You really cannot permanently kill a zombie, but you can keep it from ruining your day and the day of others.  Fear is the zombie's friend.  If I am fearful, I will be destroyed by my zombie faults.  I must be courageous.  How?  Keep in touch with what my role is in activating my zombie faults.  What do I do, repeatedly, that gives them life to mess with me.  Am I fearful about losing something I had or not getting something I want?  This is often based upon self-centeredness and selfishness.  The control zombie is given life again.  So, on a daily basis, before I get into my day, I examine my safely buried faults.  What can I do to keep them dead?  Love, patience, compassion, forgiveness, acceptance might be some of the courageous things I need to practice and keep in focus.  Surrender control!  That takes courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment