Friday, June 28, 2019

Danseur

Did you know the male ballet dancer in classical ballet is called a danseur?  In classical ballet he did not get to do do much alone.  Mostly, he assisted the ballerina as when he held out his hand to help her completer her turn or spin on her toes.  The ballerina is beautiful, but she needs help in doing her stuff in the ballet.  What a metaphor for a sponsor or spiritual guide, one person helping another to turn around their life.  Conversion means that we turn, but we cannot turn our life around all by ourself.  How many times I have heard or said myself, "Oh, I will never do that again," only to do the same old stuff, left to our own will power.  We all need help to change.  The danseur must be skilled and the ballerina must trust him.  She puts herself in his hand.  God is my danseur who knows what to do.  Alone, I just spin around and fall down, over and over.  I got tired of that.  God and I make a wonderful couple.  

No comments:

Post a Comment