Sunday, June 2, 2019

Four Part Discovery

I have found a way to have a bit of serenity in my life, but it requires some brutal honesty and courage.  If I resent someone or something, some situation, I write it down. Then I ask myself what happened, that is, why do I have this resentment.  I resent John.  Why?  What happened?  He ate my private stash of candy, though there was no label on it that said, "Terry Candy. Do not touch."  What was my response?  Anger, self-pity, whining, dislike and fear that I will have a life without candy.  With all those lethal feelings, I am having a rather bad time of it.  But there is one more step.  I ask the question: "What is my part in this resentment?"  Grace shines a light on the reality that I am selfish, stingy, and gluttoness.  I have control issues about my stash.  I hoard.  Why not share my candy?  Horrors!  Share?  Yes, I realize that my problem, my resentment is my own doing.  But now I can act so that I will let go of the resentment and feel better.  Let go of fear and share.  John gets candy freely given and I have a better day.  Four part solution.  I did not invent it.  You can find it in the fourth step of recovery programs' twelve steps.

2 comments:

  1. This was in my email this morning right after your blog. A serendipitous pairing!

    WORD FOR THE DAY
    When you let go of trying to get more of what you don't really need, it frees up oceans of energy to make a difference with what you have.
    LYNNE TWIST

    CONTINUE TO GRATEFULNESS.ORG

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a great tribute to father. Father is a great person of the world.Online Quran Aacdemy for learn QURAN

    ReplyDelete