Tuesday, June 18, 2019

My Will

Many times, trying to get my will is not the best thing for everyone else.  Example: I got up one morning quite early at the monastery because my body hurt in bed.  I went downstairs to get a cup of fresh brewed coffee.  I saw that the decaf coffee had not yet been brewed, but the fresh decaf coffee grinds were in the filter and ready to make a pot.  So I put the filter into the coffee machine  and turned it on to make a full pot.  I was of service.  My will was done.  Then next morning I got up equally early and went downstairs to get a cup of coffee.  Again, the decaf had not been brewed yet but the grinds were again in the filter ready to go.  BUT there was a big sign on the decaf coffee pot: 1/2 pot only!  I had set it to brew the morning before but there were only measured grinds for a 1/2 pot.  So the decaf drinkers got brown water to drink yesterday.  Their will and the will of the monastery was not done.  My will was not in sync with the community.  So too in prayer, I do not ask if my will is being done, that is, the prayer is going like I want.  I ask is God's will or HP being done.  Am I in sync with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment