Sunday, September 15, 2019

Growing Old Fast

One of the reasons that young people, teens and young 20s get into recovery so early is because they got very old on the insides very fast and did not have the long slow grind that is the story of people who come in at a much older age.  I think of the Facebook pictures of young people who want me to be their friend.  They all have those fresh faces!  No one posts their face the morning of a hangover after a night of no real sleep and a lot of booze, drugs.  You never get that face.  I once had a picture taken of me by a newspaper to go with a story I was in.  The photo was the day of a hangover.  Wow! Who is that guy?  I looked terrible.  My sister Maureen saved that photo for me in her memory book of my priestly ministry.  She had a sense of humor.  So I wonder when I see these fresh faces in their Facebook pose, what will each one look like in a few years or even less than a few years if they live hard and survive.  For those of them who are in some danger, I hope my blogs help.  Can I blog from the Foreign Legion?

No comments:

Post a Comment