Thursday, September 19, 2019

Prayer Posture

If you would like to get on your knees to  pray, or it has been suggested to you that you do that, say in a prayer of gratitude, I heard of a very practical way to do this.  Before you go to bed at night, put something under the bed that you will need the next morning soon after you get up.  One person put their wallet and car keys under the bed.  It might be your book bag, or a meditation book that you will reflect on soon after you get up, in a morning meditation.  It might be your cell phone (but don't check it for messages) so this might be too much of a temptation.  I put a morning reflection book under my bed.  I deal with need for control and not getting my way by doing this.  I get all comfortable in my chair and then realize the book is still under my bed and I have to get up,  grumble, grumble, and go get it, and kneel to get it from under the bed.  I get the book and sometimes deal with silly me, and say a prayer on my knees, "God help me to accept life on life's terms!"

No comments:

Post a Comment