Friday, September 13, 2019

Outside Of Cup

I always clean both the outside and the inside of my coffee cup before I put it back on the shelf.  But  I notice that many people don't do that.  They just throw the cup into the dish washer and walk away.  Dish washer does not clean out inside stains from tea, coffee stuff.  Lots of cups at the monastery are stained on the inside.  Yucky!  Then I began to think about how often I only clean the outside of me and do not clean the inside.  I try to present a pleasant outside appearance, though now I have cut all my hair off and people are ignoring me.  I digress.  I need to remind myself that I should spend a bit of time each day working on my insides because if I don't work on my affective, emotional and spiritual life, soon enough they will pop up on my outsides and I will look badly no matter how well I am groomed.  I might have a smile but make a cutting remark, be judgmental or worse, whining with judgment.  Attitude plummets and I look on the outside like the mess I am on the inside.  Each day I trudge that road of inside work.  Oh, be careful.  Today is Friday the 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment