Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Why Learn?

There are various reasons that a person seeks knowledge, so someone told me.  Sometimes it is for fame, to be noticed by others for your knowing stuff.  Fame won't make you a better person.  Another reason to seek knowledge is out of curiosity.  You like to think of yourself as "learned."  That would satisfy vanity.  Vanity will not make you a better person.  Finally, a reason to seek knowledge is in order to serve, that is, to love.  This is what will make you a better person, no matter if someone listens, or fails to listen, is interested or not, learns from you or not, you  will never be the loser.  You will be changing for the better, becoming a better you.  I keep this in mind when I study about mystics and prayer.  Why do I do it?  I hope it is for love, so that if no one reads my blogs or learns from me, I will  be growing.  Curiosity about non-mystical issues is OK too, but I ask myself how it may serve others.  Did you learn anything from this blog?  That I am an idiot? Oh well, this would cancel out my vanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment