Saturday, November 6, 2021

A Delayed Joy

 Mother Nature, on God’s behalf, left me a tree still in Fall colors on the day I returned to the Monastery.  The trees are not all bare at this time.  One survived, so that I could have one more glimpse of Fall, in early November, up here in the mountains of Colorado.  And an Aspen to boot.  As I look through the golden leaves of the aspen branches while they sway in a gentle chill breeze, I see snow capped mountains and above and beyond them, a deep blue sky.  All of this I can see from my  room window.  It is as if God is saying, “Terry, see, it is a good idea for you to be here.”  So maybe get out of yourself, look around, and see that maybe it is a good thing for you to be where you are.  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Father Ryan...this just warms my heart and paints a beautiful sight. Welcome home,Colorado loves you! :)

    ReplyDelete