Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Detachment

 One of the reasons that I get upset is when all my happiness is tied up in things of this world that are passing.  When I have no detachment to vagaries of life, I will soon become quite disturbed that my world is not working out as planned.  Everyone and everything around me is making plans too, and I am not consulted.  So I get disturbed, and then I get frightened.  I am trying to find permanent happiness in the things of this world.  There is another world and it is the world within myself which I believe is more enduring, but more neglected than attention to what is passing around me.  A time of silence and stillness helps to keep me focused on interior priorities.  Then the outside stuff can have some attention, but with less focus on results, often out of my control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment