Sunday, November 28, 2021

Wishing Well

 Someone said, "I wish I never had drunk so much and become addicted."  Oh?  Examine that for a moment.  Maybe, in this case, drink was what led to a much better life.  How so?  Well, what if this regretful person has found a spiritual path, relationship, paying work, usefulness to others, healthy life style, none of which might have happened if they had remained alcohol free.  Maybe the addiction is the only way some people would get all these things in recovery.  I try to wake up with gratitude that I am given this gift of life for today.  Remembering the past can keep me on my toes.  But regrets for the past do no one any good.  

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I am so grateful that I have this design for living and the tools that go along with it. I have navigated the pandemic in a way that wasn't possible during the flood of 2013. I also wouldn't have met you. Each day is a gift - especially when we use Love in our actions. Hugs across the miles! :)

    ReplyDelete