Monday, November 1, 2021

All Saints Day

 As I understand it, Christians believe in God becoming human, Jesus, and dying, innocently, on a cross, suffering for the sins of others.  If this be so, why do so many Christians whine about suffering due to the failures of others to do their job, or pull their weight, or neglect tasks, that the so-called innocent end up doing or paying the price.  Is this not what their God become human did?  Life often seems to be full of the guilty getting away with something, while the innocent pick up the pieces.  If even a God could not escape that, why should the whiner?  I keep this in mind when others make a mess and don't clean up after themselves.  Cleaning up for the neglectful, the clueless, seems to me to be bearing my cross.  Jesus said, "Come follow me."  I don't think he whined about the unfairness of his world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment