Thursday, November 25, 2021

Thanksgiving

 As the joke goes, “Who would listen to a drunk talking to themself?”  A few too many Thanksgiving Days, I would end up drinking too much and then say the next day, “I should give up drinking.”  I did not listen to myself, since I was a drunk talking to myself.  But now I am enjoying a sober Thanksgiving Day today.  I drink Martinelli’s Cider on this special day.  How did this happen?  I stopped listening to myself, and began to listen to others who were enjoying truly Happy Thanksgivings on a daily basis.  I never got anywhere in my resolutions simply by listening to myself.  Alone, I am delusional.  I look for others who are doing what I say I want to do, the winners.  I call it “Group Grace.”  Happy Thanksgiving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment