Sunday, November 14, 2021

Outside Plans

 In the monastery life is rather predictable, relative to the outside world.  I thought that I had gotten into acceptance and turning my life over to God, and that calmness was to be my guiding emotion.  Wrong!  I left for a trip and found that I am still a beginner.  I got all upset about how little people protect themselves, and therefore me, from Covid.  Then my airline went haywire and flights were getting cancelled everywhere.  I got upset and was ready to give up the the trip and return to the monastery.  But then God gave me a shot or two.  I recalled acceptance.  I then recalled that I was supposed to turn my life over to God.  Let go and let God.  Amnesia had taken away my spirituality and the old self reigned until I got the God shots.  I have no control over airline chaos.  I cannot make people wear masks or get vaccinated or tested.  I am not in charge of any of that in the non-monastery world.  So now chaos abounds but I am at peace.  For now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment