Thursday, November 18, 2021

Step 10

In my daily examination of conscience, done at times in the middle of the daily activities, I often come across some emotion that wants to control my next action.  In my spiritual practice, when I am working my spiritual practice, I might notice "fear."  It wants to control my response to something that has come up.  I recognize it.  "Oh, this is fear."  It then loses control of my response.   I become aware of fear but don't act on it.  My spiritual practice is not to be rid of emotions.  I am a human person.  Emotions happen.  My practice is so that I do not let them control my actions.  Much less stress!

1 comment:

  1. I have found this to be true as well and I'm so grateful to have the tools to know what emotions are trying to make me forget to pause and just jump on the emotional rollercoaster. It is one of the best gifts yet, just like you and your blog. Thank you Father Ryan. Hugs across the miles! :)

    ReplyDelete