Saturday, November 13, 2021

Cafeteria

 I have been accused of being a Cafeteria Catholic, because I appear to not follow all the rules and regulations.  But someone reminded me what is the purpose of a cafeteria.  It is a place where there is something for everyone.  These were the cafeterias in New York where I grew up and worked in the summers.  There were lots of choices so that all kinds of different people could find something to eat.  I think that my church is about reaching out to all kinds of people including the ones who think you are wrong if you don't agree with them.  Even the ones who criticize me, probably have something about what Jesus said with which they disagree.  I hear people say, "Oh he did not really mean that for our modern world."  Well, maybe he did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment