Sunday, October 31, 2021

Halloween

 Happy Halloween!  Before I think about wearing a  mask today and trick or treating, I ask myself, "Terry, have you been wearing a mask lately?"  Why?  I need to check on my spiritual progress on a daily basis and Halloween gives me a reminder that hiding behind dishonesty about who I am, is wearing a mask that does me no good.  I might wear a mask because I don't know who I really am.  OK.  Then work on that.  Or I might wear a mask because I want to please someone, or get something or avoid something.  It is hard enough becoming myself, so why make it worse by trying to become someone else, who I cannot ever become.  Today, I will practice honesty with me.  Be who God made me to be, not who someone else wants me to be.  And don't be afraid to be me.  It is scarier to be someone else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment