Wednesday, October 20, 2021

What To Look For

 As someone pointed out, there is a difference between comparing and identifying.  I tend to compare.  I look for differences between myself and others.  That is, I look for how I am better than they are.  I look at all their faults, to make a good resentment list.  Not a happy way through the day.  It is better, as a saner person pointed out, to identify with people.  That is, how I am like others.  Identify with their faults that I also have.  I am not trying to look better than others in my thinking, but to change my thinking, attitude and response to situations so that I become a better person.  It is impossible to change others.  Sometimes, in my comparisons with others, it is impossible to change me for the better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment