Sunday, October 10, 2021

Ticket

We all have a one way ticket to the graveyard, but for a while I was on the express train.  It was a fast life, sometimes thrilling, fast-paced and generally unhealthy in mind and body.  I found a spiritual practice that slowed me down.  Now my ticket is on a local with frequent stops for the inner journey that recognizes the beauty of what goes on in the quiet and seemingly stillness around me  within me.  I make stops to be of service, maybe as part of a solution.  I used to be the problem, but blamed people and places that went by so quickly.  When I say, "I have no time for me or you," I am back on the express to the graveyard.  

1 comment:

  1. This gave me a chuckle when I read the first sentence - only because I was on the same Express train. Thankfully, I am enjoying the local these days too (what a gift!) and I appreciate the wisdom in the last sentence. It's a good reminder and visual. Thanks so much, Father Ryan. With gratitude, love and hugs across the miles! :)

    ReplyDelete