Friday, October 29, 2021

WS

 I am watching, somewhat, the World Series.  If you don’t know what that is, let it be.  You probably have interests of which I am clueless.  I am not in the monastery now praying for my wretched soul, because of the Bronx.  It is the fault of the Bronx.  I grew up in the mid-20th century, the age of the New York Yankees, the New York Giants, and the Brooklyn Dodgers.  One or another of these teams was in the World Series, playing for the baseball Championship each October during my time in the Bronx.  I did pray a lot then, that my team would win.  The monastery has no TV our Radio.  This is good except in October.  I thought this year that the Giants or Yankees would be in the World Series.  But neither could win the one game they needed to win and were eliminated.  So now I watch teams from Houston and Atlanta, neither of which are my teams, but it is still the World Series and I am on the West Coast time zone, the best for sports watching.  So I am at Sea Ranch, California with the ocean waves crashing against the shores, jogging along the cliff path, the monastery 1200 miles away.  If I am losing my soul, I am reliving my youthful memories from the Bronx.  And wearing a Yankees baseball cap.  My sister has my Giants baseball cap.  The monks are praying for me.  

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't be more excited that you are spending this time in one of your favorite places with one of your favorite people. That you get to reconnect with your inner self of youth and the world series just makes me smile all the more. Enjoy each run, game, moment and cooking together- it's been a long hiatus.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Good that the monks are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete