Monday, October 4, 2021

Finding God

 If I think I cannot find God, someone said that I should slow down and get off my beaten track, my routines and ruts, and busyness.  Think of this image given to me: you walk, not ride, down a road you rarely travel because it seems inconsequential for yours plans.  It seems like a lonely road, lightly traveled by anyone.  You come upon a shack or old house with a table out front and a sign that you note because you are not in a hurry and open to whatever appears.  The sign says, “God here.”  You go and sit at the table and wait, in quiet silence with no agenda, no hurry.  God shows up.  So if you say you are having trouble finding God in your routines, in your holy buildings, and usual prayers, busy getting things done, then maybe you need to be open to adventure.  God is not bound by our programs for certainty and happiness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment