Thursday, October 7, 2021

The Saint

 I try to see the saint in another person, while they might see only the sinner, or failure, or inadequacy in themselves.  Example: someone cooks and things don't turn out as tasty as they thought it would be or hoped it would be.  They see themselves as hopeless in the kitchen.  But I see the saint because they are trying to serve others in cooking.  They are thinking about others besides themselves.  I see someone in recovery, their recent lives shattered, and they think themselves hopeless or horrible and a failure at life.  Then they go and help another suffering person.  I see the saint.  I try to keep this in mind when I end my meditation time.  My mind was all scattered with thoughts holding onto me.  I judge myself a mess.  But my God sees the saint.  I showed up, did I not?

No comments:

Post a Comment