Thursday, October 21, 2021

Mix Up

 Some people equate religion and spirituality, such that they drop all spiritual practice.  Religions are different one from another.  But spirituality is the same no matter what path you take.  Spirituality is about becoming yourself, not someone else.  Each of us is a unique creation, a unique person given our gifts and talents.  Unique does not mean perfect.  A spiritual practice is to diminish the imperfect and strengthen, discover, put into practice the unique gift that is yourself.  I am a Catholic, but I don't try so hard to be a good Catholic fit.  I am not sure I know what that is, since there seems to be so many variations in the practice.  But I try to be a good Terry Ryan.  I have, through a spiritual practice, gotten to know who that is when at my best.  No one else can be a good Terry Ryan.  Daily meditation, being of service, reading from wise teachers, all keep me on that path.  

1 comment: