Saturday, October 16, 2021

I Left My Heart

 I am in San Francisco at the moment, staying in "my" room here at our Paulist Rectory, next to Old St. Mary's Church.  I am not here much, so my status is "Attached to the house."  I have a place when I come here.  I am giving lots of things away such as clothes and electronics.  A fellow I know here takes my pile of things and distributes them to those who could use good clothes.  I have too much stuff that I don't seem to wear or use.  This fellow does not have much money either, but he knows which poor person could use what.  I came across an old transistor, portable radio.  It is worth $$$ to antiques dealers.  I gave it to this fellow who may never have seen such an electronic radio like this.  I hope he gets lots of $$$ for it.  San Francisco is warm and sunny now.  That will change soon of course.  But while it is like this, with few people and few cars out on the streets, due to Covid, it is quite a pleasant place to be.  Monastery?  What Monastery?  I am weak.  

2 comments:

  1. Fr. Terry, I'll be singing with the choir from the loft this Sunday. Come up to say "Hello"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you're doing and it takes some courage to go across part of the country, after living in the quiet mountainside during this pandemic, so that you may continue to bring hope and give freely. That you have some days of warm sunshine is perhaps a thank you for your actions. Enjoy each moment and hugs across the miles! (Ps perhaps pick up a postcard to use as a bookmark during our snowy winter!)

    ReplyDelete