Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Empty

 Do you ever feel empty, as in “I feel so empty inside.”  When it happens to me, I do one of two things.  I try to find a fill up on my “outsides.”  In this manner, I am trying to fill me up with things outside of me, be it persons, activities, places, study, internet, and none of it solves the emptiness.  On the second hand, if I realize that the emptiness is a necessary, and good thing, I try to fill it up on my “insides.”  I turn to meditation.  This is usually a much better solution for me.  I believe that we are supposed to feel empty at times, to remind us that we need to attend to our inner, spiritual life.  This life needs the food of meditation.  There can be a lot of happiness and fulfillment in the world.  But not if that is my only solution to the inner emptiness.  

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Father:) You always seemed to have that ......grin on your face!

    ReplyDelete