Tuesday, August 16, 2022

The Wanters

 When someone comes to you or you run into someone who has a want  or request, you can ignore, critique, or point out how they can take care of whatever by themselves.  You may be right, but you may not be changed for the better.  Sometimes we are just protecting ourselves from other people we think are lethal.  ACA meetings are all about adult children issues.  But often people are not so lethal, just a seeming bother, and so we critique them or avoid them.  Nuisance.  But if we want to be a better self, we might think about responding in a more loving manner.  Do not judge.  Rather love.  People are imperfect. They are human.  So their wants or seeming helplessness are an opportunity for me to be changed for the better.  Get out of myself.  At the end of the day I can ask myself how many times I responded with resentment, and how many times I responded with love?  Little by little I will do it more for love, if I am on any decent spiritual path.  

No comments:

Post a Comment