Sunday, August 21, 2022

Forget Me

 When I am doing something for others I need to forget about me.  Stop thinking about me.  Why?  Say I am cooking for people.  If I focus on me, I can get resentful, that I am doing this, and why is someone not helping, or why does not someone else cook too.  Or maybe self-evaluate as in: this meal prep is not going as planned, and so I am a failure.  No one will like me.  I will be criticized.  I hate this place! And so on.  So I try to have gratitude about being able to cook at all, having food, a kitchen, utensils, pots and pans, and being of service to others.  I experiment to see how something might turn out.  I  am open to discovery.  I have the energy to cook.  All positive.  I have a better day when it is not all about me.  

4 comments:

  1. Yes I have been there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 79yrs old and have been a weekend cook all my adult life. My wife gave up cooking 15 yrs ago. I really enjoy cooking and all that it entails. Prep work is sometimes part of my meditation. Best of all is that I am able to prepare meals for families that are going through hard times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel we have all been there. We are all Marthas.

    ReplyDelete