Friday, August 5, 2022

Too Much Info

 I would not read too much about meditation before beginning a practice.  Too much info and you begin to thing you know what it is and how to control that “good Buzz” you imagine will come if you do the right technique.  Meditation is a relationship with a Power Greater Than yourself.  That is, not you.  We don’t control relationships.  We show up. We listen. We wait.  And then, at times, in the seemingly ordinariness of it all, something happens, unique to each one of us.  So don’t try too hard.  Don’t control.  Don’t be greedy for more.  Then, in time, you will begin to show up to life in service, and not judgment, in acceptance, not resentment, in letting go, instead of grabbing for more.  and you will find peace. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this so much. I had no idea what a meditation practice was but my 11th step meeting showed me by helping me access the Love that's always been available. Such a gift and one that I can share by my actions. I'm so thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete