Saturday, August 27, 2022

Idolatry

 I find that some people who say there is no god, in fact do believe in a god.  It is self-idolatry.  They are all about themselves.  They are getting ahead, acquiring stuff, seeking fame, power and control all for self-grandiosity.  And I meet those who say there is no god because the world is a mess and if god were powerful, god would fix the world to suit them.  These people also worship something, a perfect world of their fantasy.  The god I favor seems to be about letting go, giving up, serving, love, and not about control or power.  I would be lost and bereft of belief if I needed a god of power and control, or if I was all about worshiping me and my fantasy world to make me feel better.  When I let go, I seem to find, or more likely, get found.  

1 comment: