Monday, August 1, 2022

Unlikeness

 If my truest self, my best self, along with the flaws that get in the way, is within me, then whenever I spend my time focused outside myself for fulfillment, I am living in the land of unlikeness.  The outsides are not unlike my insides.  The quest for happiness on the outsides will leave me alienated from ME.  Like what outsides?  Fantasy for one.  Living completely in the land of imagination.  Imagination is good, but not if it is your full time  focus.  Spouse or partner.  You think they will be your fulfillment, but they cannot be that.  To live only focused on them or on family members, is to try and make them super people responsible for your happiness.  You will end of blaming or complaining.  They are mere humans.  What family, community, partner can do is be a key to open you up to yourself in the relationship.  Otherwise you will never learn to get out of your own way.  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Father Terry. Somehow you have just the words I need to hear when I need to hear them. Magic or God?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to hear this today also.

    ReplyDelete