Sunday, August 14, 2022

Fallon In Love

 Getting Drunk is a bit like “Falling In Love.”  What?  Am I crazy?  Perhaps.  You walk into a room or a place and you see someone or hear someone and look at the person.  You did not walk into the room thinking about “falling in Love.”  But suddenly you are attracted, and want more of this person.  You want to meet the person, and then spend time and more time with them.  They become your focus and other important things take a back seat to “Love.”  The same with getting drunk.  You see and want that first drink.  Maybe you were not even thinking of drinking a moment before that first drink.  But you see and want.  After the first drink you want more and more.  You are falling for alcohol, and everything else takes second place, or no place.  Falling in love can end up badly in a relationship with a person, and there are no twelve steps to save you.  A drunk has a way out.  

1 comment:

  1. So very true and this reading gave me visual reminders of both relationships. I'm forever grateful my marriage made it until I found, and embraced, recovery. Thank you for always speaking to my heart, Father Ryan!

    ReplyDelete