Thursday, August 25, 2022

Plus Good

 Simply doing a good action, being helpful, may not always be enough for the doer.  Why?  Because an attitude may be missing.  If we are concerned about ourselves, being recognized, noticed, thanked, and we receive nothing of the sort, it can lead to self-pity and resentment.  Instead of now noticing what is negative in ourselves, we simply begin a negative commentary on others.  I try to keep in mind that my "good works" are not about changing others, but about changing me.  I try to keep negative thinking out of my doing for others.  I have no control over how my "helpful" endeavors affect others, but I do have some control about how they affect me.  Replace the negative with the positive.  

1 comment:

  1. Dear Father I have prayed for years for my brother in law to kick drugs and to find God. He has been on drugs since he was in middle school He is 59 and he gave up the drugs a few years ago. Praise be to the Sacred Heart of Jesus for saving him He loves Jesus and he has a wooden icon of Jesus in his car

    ReplyDelete