Friday, August 19, 2022

Thankful

 Being happy is important.  I think it helps to keep one sane and balanced.  But we too often equate happiness with things going our way in the present moment.  This is not always the case.  Plans, projects, friendships, health, the weather, can all or in part be quite messy and ineffectual.  So how to find some happiness?  Gratitude for the good things that are in our life but are not so apparent in the current mess.  It is so easy for me to forget gratitude for things because they are in my everyday life, and I take them for granted.  I woke up alive, in my own bed, and don't have regrets for bad behavior last night.  There will be food in the refrigerator.  I have a God.  Many people don't have some or most of these things.  One or two people love me.  I don't need some substance to change my mood or get temporary happiness.  I am having a better day already!

1 comment: