Thursday, March 9, 2023

Babies

 Only babies grow quickly.  Growth for us adults in the spiritual life is long and slow.  It has its ups and downs.  It is not linear like a chart going upward all the time by our own efforts.  The spiritual life is changeable .  One day you feel like you are on top of the mountain of growth.  The next day you are talking to yourself, complaining about everything going all wrong, and people being the bane of your existence.  What to do?  Don't give up.  Keep practicing.  It is why people in recovery keep going to meetings.  It is why I keep meditating, being of service, reading uplifting writings.  If I could always keep growing by my own efforts, I would never have humility or need any power but my own.  A dangerous place for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment