Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Prayer

My prayer aims at a purity of heart.  Which is what?  Reading, meditation, life with others, leads me to a humble surrender to God.  In purity of heart I accept myself as God's will for me at this moment.  It means I let go of deluded images of myself, all deluded ideas of my own capacities.  With so much delusion set aside, I can plumb the depth of my deeper self, who I really am.  A pure heart is better able to do the will of God rather than my own self-will run riot at times.  The ego comes off the throne.  Prayer is not a technique in which I think I have some control to get some result to feel good.  Prayer is a receptivity to the action, grace, of God, as God decides Love me along the Way.  My way was rather lonely, isolated, and combative.  And my heart became broken.  

1 comment: