Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Leaving

 I have seen people leave meetings and worship services before they are over.  Some of these persons may have someplace they have to be.  But then again, maybe they prefer to be someplace else, or are not "getting" anything out of being in attendance.  From time to time this has been my feeling, but I have learned to stick it out because often enough something wonderful, or special or just what I need happens at the end.  It has been described as "staying for the miracle."  I have met some of the most wonderful, unexpected people after a meeting or service I have attended.  It is uncanny.  And all I did was just wait.  It is a good reason to not overload one's calendar of events.  Or as the song says, "Slow down.  You move too fast."

3 comments:

  1. "The best things come to those who wait..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our priest gives the final blessing after the ending song.

    ReplyDelete