Tuesday, February 28, 2023

The Switch

 Someone said that before you can have electricity you must wire the house.  But that allows the power to be available.  To actually get it to go on you must press the "on" switch.  In a spiritual practice, or recovery, we are wired with divine power.  It is not far away.  But it generally does not act if we don't do something.  Love is patient.  It waits. It is humble.  You have to act.  A drunk has divine power but until they turn on the switch, the recovery steps and so forth, the power does not act.  I am in a monastery.  Divine Power everywhere!  But I have to do something, the Benedictine Rule.  In the middle of your night, I get up and turn on the light switch.  Then I read scripture which is my turning on the switch of divine power that is within me.  Stop living in the darkness.  Spirituality is a program of action, the "on" switch.  

1 comment: