Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Proof

 What is the proof that you exist?  Funny question?  Well say, like me, you cook and clean. The food gets eaten and is gone.  The room gets dirty again.  In each case what you did disappears and so there is nothing of your effort that says you exist in this moment.  You type something into cyberspace and send it to someone.  They read it and then they delete it or send it to archive or junk, and later it is deleted.  You go jogging.  You finish and there is nothing of the run to point to.  We do many things that have no permanence.  We cannot point to things that say, “This is me.”  I like being a Librarian.  Once the book is purchased, and catalogued and then placed on the shelf, I can say, “There is the book. I put it there.”  I exist.  The book says so.  Totalitarian regimes destroy people by destroying the culture that made the people feel they exist.  Music, art, literature.  

2 comments:

  1. When someone returns a smile, is proof enough to me that there is something to be said of the butterfly effect. 🦋 ✨️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

    ReplyDelete