Thursday, February 9, 2023

Too Parts

 Some of any Recovery Program is based upon Psalm 33.  It is not enough to turn away from evil.  We must also do good.  To cease ingesting an addiction is part one.  But it won’t last unless we do good.  In Recovery that means being of service to others, acting selflessly, thinking of others and how we can make the world a better place for them.  So you read to keep up on instructions, go to meetings to be with others who might need help and then be of service in the meeting and outside of it.  Those chairs don’t set themselves up, or the coffee pot make coffee by itself.  I often say to myself, “Today I will avoid this bad habit, or shortcoming.”  But then what will I put into its place?  I don’t live happy, joyous and free in a vacuum.  So I try to do good for others and wow, it turns out good for me too.  Who’d a thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment