Saturday, February 11, 2023

Saving A Little

 Some people are willing to give up a little control, but not too much.  They let go of some behavior, turn it over to God or whoever, but they don't change very much beyond dropping whatever they gave up.  An example would be an alcoholic.  They get the higher power idea, buy in, or have a God.  They allow this God to take away their obsession to drink.  They think that their problem is all about drinking behavior.  They do not realize that their problem is themself.  Each day, when I wake up, I ask myself. "OK.  Am I going to be the problem or the solution."  If I have given up enough stuff, such as power, control, ego domination, self-centeredness, bondage to self and self centered fear, on a daily basis, then I may well be part of the solution to whatever comes up today.  If you think drunk drinking is bad behavior, watch out for the dry drunk.  Fury that blames the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment