Thursday, February 16, 2023

Half-Measures

It is not very useful to come live in a remote monastery in the mountains where there is limited wi-fi, no TV or Radio, and live a life of monastic half-measures.  That was my life before I got here on my spiritual path.  So a move here with little change to my comfort zone of spiritual practice would be a waste of time.  No change means no change.  So I have to pour myself into this life on a daily basis.  Read, meditate, work in service to others and live in acceptance of others.  I have to remind myself each day that I did not come here just for a change in geography or location.  I  came for a change in me.  So if you are living a goal, half-measure effort, then don't expect much change in you.  

1 comment:

  1. Nothing changes if nothing changes, such a good reminder- thank you!

    ReplyDelete