Friday, February 24, 2023

What Changes?

 It is one thing to change religions but it is another thing to change your life.  I find that people tend to change religions but they remain pretty much the same person with all their character defects and faults.  You change religions and your immediate circle of people, family, some friends, might get upset.  You change your life and a whole lot of other people get upset.  I once thought that if I got serious about being a Christian, my life would change for whatever I thought was the “better.”  I was wrong.  Maybe I did not get serious enough about the religion.  But most of my bad habits lingered or gained strength even with my newfound spiritual practice.  I still have seek the destiny for change.  I have not given up.  It is a daily effort as I trudge the road.  But I have hope because I find a lot of people on this same road with me.  

2 comments:

  1. "We are like the passengers of a great liner the moment after rescue..." pg.17 bb

    ReplyDelete
  2. "we are all walking each other home". Ram Dass. Such a great quote!

    ReplyDelete