Saturday, February 4, 2023

Rules

I think that rules work best when in the context of wisdom rather than of law.  Most rules come in the context of law.  The best spiritual paths are the ones that come out of wisdom.  Wisdom comes out of experience.  A law, "don't steal" is made by people who don't steal but have a lot of stuff to be stolen.  Poor people don't make that kind of law.  The law of wisdom comes from experience.  For instance, "obedience is better than autonomy."  I used to say, "The heck with that!"  I had no experience of the wisdom of obedience at that time.  I have come to realize that my self-will run riot does not do me much good if I practice autonomy.  Find a wisdom teacher.  I would audition but I am still work in progress.  

1 comment:

  1. Being a work in progress is a good thing since there's no finish line in growth or recovery. ;)

    ReplyDelete