Sunday, February 26, 2023

This Day Before

 When I wake up in the morning I must remind myself that whatever good habits/practices I have been doing, I have not done one of them this day.  So I call it “this day before.”  Whatever I did yesterday that is a good habit, does not guarantee that I will do it today unless I commit myself to it and work at it.  Because you loved someone yesterday in one manner or another, does not guarantee what you will do today.  What if your grandchild said, “Grandma or Grandpa loved me yesterday, but I have not heard from them today.”  Love is a daily practice.  I just called a couple of friends to remind them that I love them.  They had not heard from me for some time.  They were glad I called.  I cannot assume people will know something, such as I love them.  I need to practice it more actively, with more energy.  Each morning is a “this day before,” until I fill it in.  

1 comment: